Friday, January 2, 2009

Garretts 12th birthday!!

I cannot believe that our little Garrett is 12 years old! He recently celebrated his birthday by going ice skating with his buddies and his family. We had a really fun time! Melissa and I are so blessed to have such good kids. I have to admit I got a little misty eyed (so did his mom!) when Garrett passed the sacrament for the first time. Scott blessed it that day also, so it was a special sunday for us. Garrett is everybodys friend! People love him right away after meeting him beause he is such a cool kid he just goes with the flow! He is excited to be playing tackle football for the first time this year so watch for the pictures and posts of him playing football soon!
Garrett, Jake and Rhett at the ice rink on Garretts 12th Birthday

Kacey and Russ watching Hockey at the ice rink.






Kacey and her favorite person! She did a really good job learning how to skate!

10 comments:

Don and Sandy said...

Great post. Welcome to the world of blogging Russ. You're right you do have good kids. They are also very cute!

ann said...

Russ, looks like you are even doing the posting now that mel is working.

You're right, garrett is the most likeable kid I know. How can you not love garrett?

Unknown said...

Russ, you are such a cry baby!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Garrett! Hope you had a great Birthday. Dave

Breanna Gaylord said...

wow, i can't believe he is 12 either. that is so crazy.
i wanted to see russ landing a triple axel at the ice rink.
and ok, so you look like you could be scott's girlfriend NOT his mom. you're so beautiful.

Unknown said...

Those kids have their mom genes...jk love ya both
hey add my blog to your list
http://monyabonbon.blogspot.com

Erika said...

Did you say Garrett is 12?!!!! Wow has time flown. What a great kid.

Kjohnson said...

Okay guys, I totally found your blog through Monya's. I know I'm a creepy blogstalker. Um Garrett is twelve? Are you serious? That creeps me out a little. I think that means I am getting old. I can't believe how grown up all your kids are! Krystle Garrett (technically it's Johnson now)

Jen Frost said...

You do have great kids...we love you guys. I have to tell you, Caleb has made a few comments about how nice Garrett is, just thought you'd want to know.

Don and Sandy said...

Russ, time to update the blog!

Breanna Gaylord said...

hey if you email me i can invite you to our blog:)
breannalesueur@hotmail.com