Monday, October 20, 2008

Cher Meets Dr. Phil!

We were invited to a halloween party in are neighborhood Saturday night. If you know Russ and I at all you know this is not one of our favorite things to do, we do not like dressing up at all! It was a Hollywoood Celebrity theme, and Saturday afternoon we were still clueless on what we were going to be or if we even wanted to go at all. On our way to the costume store russ came up with the idea to be Dr. Phil, which I thought was such a graet idea. He said if I'm going to do this I'll have to shave my head. I couldn't believe he would go to such great lengths for this party. We had alot of fun finding everything for our costumes, and had a great time at the party. Everyone did a great job dressing up. I'm glad we decided to go. Even if it meant sacrificing Russ's hair!! Don't you think he makes a great Dr. Phil?



Russ after we shaved the rest of his hair off. He wasn't to excited about going to church. I think he looks Great!

12 comments:

ann said...

Way to be such good sports!!! And yes Russ looks good with no hair, I love shaved heads!! I'm shocked that you guys dressed up, it almost makes me wish I was invited to a halloween party.

kristen said...

Not the best Dr. Phil I've ever seen but still pretty funny

Don and Sandy said...

Well it crackd me up! Yes Kristen, Dan did make a great Dr. Phil also.
Melissa you look better than Cher, maybe its the nose thats make you way better looking than Cher.

Terry and Linda said...

YOU WERE SO BRAVE TO STEP OUT OF THE BOX AND DO SOMETHING YOUR NORMALLY WOULDN'T LIKE TO DO! THAT IS SO GREAT AND YOU BOTH LOOKED SO VERY GREAT. GOOD JOB

richnliz said...

I think you should send that in to his show.
When I first looked at the picture I thought who is that standing next to Mel? It took me a sec. to figure it was Russ.
I think you should have left it w/ the sides of hair I think Jeff would have love having a twin in the family.

Breanna Gaylord said...

wow, i was laughing so hard at russ, that is too funny. you of course just look beautiful. your blog is way cute.

melanie said...

I think russell needs to grow a mustache.

Flake Family said...

Russ wins best costume of the night. It was hilarious!! I only wish he would have stayed Dr. Phil for church:)!

Unknown said...

Russ, you are the bomb!! You look just like him. Now, just look in the mirror and you can give yourself advise!!! Ha Ha.. Sorry I had to go golf without you.

Dayna said...

That's aswesome! How are you guys? It's been a while. It's fun to have these blogs to see what you are all up to.

Bre said...

Dude, Mel you guys look awesome!! And i don't know why he's freaking out...Uncle Willy looks way cool bald!

&D designs said...

Hey Melissa - hope you don't mind I'm checking out your blog - you have a cute family. I've seen other pictures of your neighborhood halloween party - looks like it was fun. We love the football games too! - andi gooch - www.andigooch.blogspot.com